Sunday 4 December 2011

Holly






Hi again-I'm on a roll today!! One more card for you, again using the retired God's Blessings stamp set. I love this set and am so glad I got it when it was available as it it has some beautiful sentiments suitable for many different occasions.



I used a mask I had in my stash and ran it through the big shot onto a 6x6 piece of whisper white cardstock. I then used a blending tool and Old Olive ink and gently brought out the raised design, blending from the outer edges and leaving the centre white. Once I had acheived the right amount and depth of colour I stamped the sentiment in the centre using Riding Hood Red Ink and matted it onto a square piece of textured cardstock a quarter of an inch bigger than the white panel, before mounting onto an 8x8 card and adding a satin ribbon bow to finish.


I've entered this card into a challenge over at http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.com/


Hope you like!



Stacey xx

4 comments:

  1. Fab cards Stacey,Love the ribbon background too.Good luck with your blog. Lindax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful, Stacey! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, elegant card! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    Merry Christmas,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, what a beautiful card. So very elegant. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin, but I can't see a link to the challenge - one of our few rules is that you link your post to our challenge. If you could add the link it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Sarah

    ReplyDelete